Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Prayer for Saturday, May 7, 2011

“Only Speak the Word”

God, give us humility that keeps us from expecting more from you than we ought and from behaving as if we somehow have you at our beck and call.

God, give us respect that is in awe of your authority and that accepts that you can and will accomplish what you want to accomplish in the way that you want to accomplish it.

God, give us faith that trusts in your grace, in your power, and in your purposes.

Amen.

“The centurion answered him, ‘Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and the slave does it.’” (Matthew 8:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment