Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Prayer for Thursday, July 14, 2011

“To Fulfill”

Lead us, Lord, to be faithful in bringing hope and justice, in bringing your good news, to all the people that we can.

Lead us also, Lord, to be faithful in bringing those needed things to people in the right ways—the ways in which Jesus fulfilled the ways that you intended him and all your children to follow.

Lead us, Lord, to be faithful in living and speaking out of the trust, the humility, the grace, and the gentleness of the one to whose life and message it is, after all, that we bear witness with our lives and words.

Amen.

“This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah: ‘Here is my servant, whom I have chosen, my beloved, with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not wrangle or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets. He will not break a bruised reed or quench a smoldering wick until he brings justice to victory. And in his name the Gentiles will hope.’” (Matthew 12:17-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment