Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Prayer for Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Lord’s Day

I started to pray, “Lord, let me focus on you in worship today.”

Then I thought, “No, I should pray, ‘Lord, let me relax so that I can focus on you rather than trying so hard to focus on you that I get distracted by my effort to focus on you.’”

Then I thought, “No, I should pray, ‘Lord, let your Spirit lead me into worship of you that is appropriate for this day.’”

Here is what I finally decided to pray: “Lord, here I am again, kind of together and kind of a mess, just like every other Lord’s Day and, for that matter, every other day. And Lord, here you are, almighty and lifted up and at the same time present and compassionate. Thank you for the time together. Whatever happens, happens. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment