Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Prayer for Saturday, March 14, 2015

Twenty-Second Day of Lent

O God,

For the marks on my body, on my mind, and on my spirit that are the traces of what I have done, of who I have been, and of how I came to be who I am now, I thank you.

For the marks on my body, on my mind, and on my spirit that I will pick up today and in days to come as I continue to grow into who I am supposed to be, I thank you.

For the marks on my body, on my mind, and on my spirit that remind me of the blessing of being born human and of the struggle to become fully human, I thank you.

Let my thanksgiving be reminder enough to me not to try to avoid or to flee those struggles that leave their mark since it is in and through them that you work to mold me into the person you mean for me to be …

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment