Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, August 11, 2015

To Be Authentic

O God,

Help me today and all days to be authentic.

Help me to be genuine and real.

Help me not to settle for being
less than you made me to be.

Help me not to be a shadow of myself
or an imitation of someone else.

If I’m going to be authentic, if
I’m going to be who I really am,
then I must know myself.

So help me to be willing to
examine myself closely so that
I can know who I really am.

Help me to see what is really me
so I can develop and grow it.

Help me to see what is really not me
so I can prune and remove it.

I believe that to be true to you
is to be true to myself.

I believe that to be true to myself
is to be true to you.

So help me today and all days to be authentic …

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment