Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Prayer for Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Spirits

O God,

Sometimes I wish I could see into other people’s spirits. That way, I’d know who they really are.

But I can’t. As a matter of fact, I can’t even see all the way into my spirit. I can see into mine better than I can see into anybody else’s, but there’s a lot about myself that I can’t see.

Or maybe there’s a lot about myself that I won’t see. It’s hard for me to tell which way it is. Either way, or both ways, even when it comes to me, I can’t see everything. I can’t fully understand myself.

I know that you can see everything about our spirits. I know that you know everything about us. I know that you understand everything that makes us who we are.

I can’t. They can’t. We can’t.

So remind us of how limited our understanding of each other is, and of how limitless your understanding of us is.

Grant us the humility that by all rights should be ours.

Remove from us the pride we have no business practicing and the judgmentalism we have no business engaging in.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment