Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, May 28, 2015

This/That

O God,

It will happen all day long.

I can do this or that.
I can say this or that.
I can eat this or that.
I can drink this or that.
I can watch this or that.
I can read this or that.
I can desire this or that.
I can work toward this or that.
I can focus on this or that.
I can imagine this or that.
I can trust in this or that.
I can dedicate myself to this or that.
I can commit myself to this or that.

Sometimes there will even be more than
one “this” and more than one “that.”

Help me to choose well.

Help me to live so close to you that
choosing according to your will and way
will be my reflexive response.

But when I need to stop and think,
let me stop and think; when I stop and think,
let me think with the mind of Christ so that
I will put loving you and loving others
ahead of all other considerations.

Let me

love greatly,
choose wisely,
live boldly,
and
rest peacefully.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment