Friday, November 4, 2016

A Prayer for Friday, November 4, 2016

Attitude (Pt. 5)

O God,

Help me develop attitudes

that honor Christ,
that help others, and
that reflect my best self.

Help me develop an attitude of mercy.

First, keep me from being easily offended. Keep me from treating a light wound as a major injury. Help me overlook what should be overlooked and disregard what should be disregarded.

Second, let my default position be to forgive rather than to hold a grudge or to strike back. Help me turn the other cheek and pray for my enemies.

Finally, let the mercy I give grow out of the mercy I’ve received. Let the forgiveness I’ve received from you flow into forgiveness I extend to others. Let such forgiveness become natural and necessary to me.

Help me develop an attitude and lifestyle of mercy.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment