Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Prayer for Thursday, November 3, 2016

Attitude (Pt. 4)

O God,

Help me develop attitudes

that honor Christ,
that help others, and
that reflect my best self.

Help me develop an attitude of patience.

I’m all too aware of how short my life is. That awareness causes me to want everything to happen quickly. It makes me impatient.

Help me be more aware of eternity. Help me live in light of the fact that things are best done in your time. Help me remember that the best things are worth waiting for.

At the same time, don’t let me slip into an attitude of “whatever will be, will be,” so as to excuse myself from doing what I should and from trying to make happen what I should try to make happen.

Help me do my best, and trust you for the rest.

Help me develop an attitude and lifestyle of active, trusting patience.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment