Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Prayer for Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Attitude (Pt. 2)

O God,

Help me develop attitudes

that honor Christ,
that help others, and
that reflect my best self.

Help me develop an attitude of hope.

Forgive me for sometimes
tending toward despair.

Don’t let me ever throw my
hands up and say, “I give up!”

But sometimes, when I look at situations and
when I observe people, it’s hard not to feel
hopeless. I really need your help not to despair.

So help me keep my eyes on you and on
your promises. Help me believe that you are
working your purposes out. Help me know
that everything is going to be all right someday.

And meanwhile, help me live in ways
that reflect the hope I have in you.

Help me join with other hopeful people to do
all we can to make things better here and now.

Help me develop an attitude and a lifestyle of hope.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment