Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Prayer for Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Attitude (Pt. 3)

O God,

Help me develop attitudes

that honor Christ,
that help others, and
that reflect my best self.

Help me develop an attitude of empathy.

I am who I am. I have the genes I have, I had the upbringing I had, and I’ve had the experiences I’ve had. I can’t be other than I am.

I can’t be someone else. I can’t live someone else’s life or have someone else’s perspective.

But forgive me when I don’t even try. Because I can try, and sometimes I don’t.

Help me try to put myself in other people’s shoes. Help me try to understand who they are and where they’re coming from.

Let me develop greater empathy for them so I can develop greater love for them.

Help me develop an attitude and a lifestyle of empathy.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment